Library services and facilities will resume gradually and in phases to minimise the risk of Covid-19 community transmission.
> Opening Hours
9 am – 6 pm Monday to Friday (closed on Weekends and Public Holidays)
> Access to the Library
SIT cards should be used for access. Students are also required to make an online appointment before visiting the Library.
> On-site services that will be available
All users are requested to adhere to strict safe distancing and hygiene measures for the following on-site services:
1. Borrowing physical items, namely books, audio visual materials and equipment
2. Returning borrowed books and audio visual material via
- Book drop at the Reception Desk, University Tower (UT) or
- Book drop outside the Library entrance at Level 3, University Service Centre (USC) or
- Return Station in the Library Collection Area
3. Returning equipment via LOLA
4. Use of the Anatomage Table
5. Scanning of a book chapter or document
If you are not able to come down in person due to Quarantine Order (QO), Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or Leave of Absence (LOA) to borrow or return library items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative arrangements.
> On-site facilities and services that will NOT be available
- Discussion Rooms, PC Terminals, the Self-recording room (MR3A) and Gener8 Media Studio will remain closed until further notice.
- Self-study within the Library is not permitted. Users are expected to leave the Library after browsing, scanning, borrowing or returning Library items.
> Library items borrowed before 1 June
The due dates of all items borrowed before 1 June 2020 have been extended.
> Loan Period for Course Reserves and Short Loan
Until further notice, the loan period for these two collections will be extended to 2 days.
> Online Resources
99% of the Library resources are available online. Please continue to access Library online resources with your SIT credentials and contact us if you need help.
> Information & Research Consultation Services
When you need assistance in finding materials, accessing e-resources, using specific resources etc., please contact the Library via
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 6592 1215
- WhatsApp: 8104 5445
Please note that all Research Consultations will be conducted online via Skype or Zoom.
> Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery
Send a request to the Library if a book or article is not available in the Library collection. We will do our best to locate a copy for you, preferably in electronic format.