Borrow Library items
1. Visit SIT Library OneSearch at https://library.singaporetech.edu.sg
2. Search the item and take note of the Call Number
3. Enter the collection area through the tripod turnstile gate.
4. Locate the item from the shelf by Call Number.
5. Position your face in front of the Facial Recognition (FR) Device
Alternatively, you may tap SIT card if:
6. Stand on the foot print and pay attention to the instructions on the screen to your right.
If you need assistance, scan the QR code next to the intercom to talk to us or call Library staff at 6592-1215.
7. Exit the FR lane. Please look out for swinging doors and do not loiter near them.
Note: The due date can be checked from your Library Account.
Quick Guide - The FR Borrowing Guide on how to use this service.
By using Facial Recognition Technology (FRT) for borrowing Library materials, you acknowledge that:
Return Library items
1. Via the Return Kiosk next to FR lane: place the item(s) on the reader pad to return, and then leave them on the trolley next to the Kiosk.
2. Via the Book Return Bin outside the Library.
Book a Media Equipment
1. Click Equipment under the OneSearch toolbar.
Alternatively, you may browse the bookable items via the Library website > Loanable Technology tab.
2. Click on BROWSE AND BOOK.
3. Select an equipment.
4. Sign in with your SIT credential.
5. Click Reserve/Book It.
6. Fill up the booking information, then click SEND REQUEST.
7. Successful booking message will be prompted.
Collect the booked Media Equipment
Return the Media Equipment