This platform provides online access to thousands of ebooks across multi-disciplines. The Library acquires EBSCO Ebooks on a title-by-title basis for course reserve, reference, and for general reading. Over 120 popular fiction titles have been recently added to expand the Library collection. Click here for download instructions
1. Assess the EBSCO eBook database with your @sit.singaporetech.edu.sg as suffix (i.e.12ABC888X@sit.singaporetech.edu.sg) and password
2. Browse the ebooks by subject or perform a search by typing relevant keyword(s) in the search box eg. power
3. Select the ebook that you want to read
4. If the book is available for download, you will see the link
5. Click on the link
6. Sign in with your EBSCOHost account to begin downloading the ebook. If you do not have an account, click “Create one now”.
7. After signing in to EBSCOHost, select the loan period and the download format. Next, click "Full Download".
No. of Concurrent Users: It depends on the number of user license acquired by the Library. Number of users permitted is indicated next to the access URL on the catalogue record.
Online Reading: Supported
Print/Emailing Limit: up to 60 pages. The number of pages may vary depending on individual publisher-specified limits
Download pages in PDF: up to 60 pages. The number of pages may vary depending on individual publisher-specified limits
Offline Download: Ebooks are downloadable. If the eBook you have chosen to download is in use by another patron, you can place a hold on the eBook to download when it becomes available. Enter your e-mail address in the field provided and click the Place Hold button.
The downloaded ebook will be automatically expired and returned to the EBSCO eBook database at the end of the loan period. Downloaded eBooks can be checked-in before the end of the checkout period.
Loan Period: 1-3 days (user has an option to choose the number of days). Loan period varies from title to title, depending on the access model.
Q1: Why do I get a "Sorry, this eBook is in use" message?
The ebook is not available for reading as the acquired number(s) of user licenses have been used up. You may sign in to your account to place a hold so that you will be notified when the eBook is available.
Q2: What is the timeout period when reading EBSCO eBook Online?
The session will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Q3: Can I extend my EBSCO eBook check-out time?
No. However, if there are no Holds placed on the eBook by other users, you may check it out again.
Q4: What is the checkout period for concurrent access model?
Q5: How many EBSCO eBooks can be checked out at a time?
A maximum of 3 ebooks